Secondment in BASt, Bergisch Gladbach Part 1

I just came back to BAM from a 3 weeks business trip. Tired, but meaningful. 

I spent two weeks in BASt (federal highway research institute) to do my secondment. The idea was to install the ultrasonic sensors that I use on a real bridge (druaBast).
(strong Marco on the left and Tall Heiko on the right)

I worked together with my colleagues from BAM, Marco and Heiko. I am so grateful for their professional and  precise work. I am very luck and happy to have the chance to installed our embedded sensors and implement our method on a real bridge. 

Now, let's start the work!
 (measuring the distance to determine the position of sensors)
(Checking rebars by GPR device)
Drilling holes on the bridge.
(installing sensors......)
This is how it looks in the end, beautiful, isn't it? All the cables were protected well in the PVC tubes. 

After a few days hard work with my Germany colleagues, of course beer is necessary.
Prost

For more details about how to install the sensors, pls follow our project INFRASTAR I will publish a paper based on this experiment.

I will spend two more weeks in BASt to do some load test in May. Stay tuned!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who am I? Where do I come from? And what am I doing?

My road taken during the first year.